ferrouswheel

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Sucks to be in Australia

It is now illegal for you guys to hyperlink to copyrighted material.

Also of note: "EFA also points out that singing "Happy Birthday" in public would be a criminal offence, as it would be an unauthorised performance of a copyright song. Likewise, using your mobile phone to record a public performance for your own use would also be illegal."

So I shant be singing anyone happy birthday in Australia (yeah right).

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • Bonjour,

    Do you think you could hyperlink that new law or would they bust you?

    Truly, some of the these new laws being passed world wide are so nutty.

    Ciao,

    Toni

    By Blogger Barca, at 2:12 PM  

  • Yeah, they incense me sometimes!

    I'm probably breaking many laws through linking. Maybe they'll make it illegal to link to a site that links to a site that has copyrighted material?

    By Blogger Joel, at 2:15 PM  

  • Brilliant! First thing I'm doing when I get back to Oz is putting an insanely draconian copyright notice on my blog that only applies to corporations or government bodies.

    It's unlikely that any would ever link to me but if they did I'd be laughing all the way to the bank.

    By Blogger Jon, at 11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home